Wednesday, March 17, 2010

new fender!


new fender!, originally uploaded by aimos325.

Spent some time on my car and on my bike tonight. I wasn't able to find
which light is out on the car (it's telling me one is out but I can't find
it-- it's pretty hard to do by yourself) but I did get the bike computer
working, adjusted the brakes, greased the chain and installed a new milk jug
fender. I'm a big fan of the milk jug fender. First of all, it's
effective. Second, it's durable. My last milk jug fender lasted almost a
year and through a Fairbanks winter (tested to -50, though there's not a big
need for fenders at that temp). The store-bought fender broke-- I couldn't
get it tight enough so it wouldn't bounce onto my wheel. Third, it only
costs a gallon (or half) of milk. And you get to drink the milk! I'm ready
for breakup!!!

4 comments:

JimR said...

You are a world class recycler Aimbo!!! I love those kind of lights - way to stay safe!

Oh yeah, Fenders Rock!

Unknown said...

You should be able to check your brake lights by turning on your 4-ways (you get the front turn signals that way too. I can check my stop lights that way on my big truck when I do my pre-trip inspection walk around. You can double check by using your snow brush wedged against your seat or seat frame (adjust the seat to set the brake pedal):)

Aimee said...

ah, thanks for the tips. I tried to wedge down the brake pedal but thought better of it (had visions of it slipping off the brake and onto the gas and going into my living room). Finally figured it out today. Got the right bulb and ended up replacing all of the tail lights (guess all that popping the assembly in and out wasn't good for the filaments!)

Shawn said...

I love your fenders Aim! You're so handy! You fix cars, bikes and make quilts - oh yeah, and you bait your own hook and take your own fish off! You're certainly your daddy's daughter!!!