Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hatcher Pass











The view from the lookout on the way to Hatcher Pass. Of course the pass is closed in the winter (and most of the summer) but I love this view. In the summer those ridges on the mountain look like soft, green pillows. This weekend was the equinox, which is the point where we start having longer days than the lower 48! It's a wonderful time here in AK-- not quite spring (I'm expecting a little more snow) but everything's melting, the sun is out, I saw some geese flying north and heard more birds than usual this morning! Life is good!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Beautiful pictures Aimee!!! Wow - they just keep getting better and better! Woo hoo for the spring equinox!!! (We had INTENSE sun in Costa Rica!!!)

JimR said...

Aimee, you spent a very well deserved study break taking some awesome pictures and sharing with us! Very pretty! I love the shadow that cuts across this one.