Friday, June 26, 2009

Success!


Success!, originally uploaded by aimos325.

My first salmon! Caught her at the Russian River last
night with a fly I tied! It's a good feeling-- sure makes feeling so
tired today a little sweeter.

7 comments:

JimR said...

YEAH!!! I love it! Nice fish Aim! Bigger-an any fish I ever caught!

Shawn said...

AWESOME!!! Congratulations Aimee!

Jen said...

YES! Finally!!! :-)

JimR said...

So how about an angler's report. How long did it take you to reel him/her in, water temp, humidity, barometric pressure...

Sally said...

That's a beauty! Let's see, poached salmon, grilled salmon, smoked salmon? Uncle Bill recommends, get the pan medium to hot, coat the salmon with sugar, both sides, and cook it up until it's just cooked through. The sugar carmelizes and it may sound too simple and crazy, but it is the best.

Aimee said...

mmm... sounds delicious. We're always looking for new ways to eat fish (might be my first one but Brian has accumulated a bunch!). Usually we broil it with our favorite spice mix. Easy and delicious. Simple is best!

Brian D. said...

First Blood!

Woo Whooo!!!