Only in Alaska do they stop traffic for dogsleds... This weekend isthe North American Classic-- the oldest continuously run sled dog racein the world. I hear they're shorter races, just sprints compared tothe Iditarod.
I was going to suggest traffic lights at the dog sled intersections, but with dogs just seeing black and white, that wouldn't be such a great idea....Only in Alaska!! Have you seen many other teams in the area??
Cool! I'd love to stop and watch! (In fact, I do when I see that race in the U.P.)
Post a Comment
2 comments:
I was going to suggest traffic lights at the dog sled intersections, but with dogs just seeing black and white, that wouldn't be such a great idea.
...Only in Alaska!! Have you seen many other teams in the area??
Cool! I'd love to stop and watch! (In fact, I do when I see that race in the U.P.)
Post a Comment