Thursday, August 21, 2008

new purse


new purse, originally uploaded by aimos325.

I haven't blogged in waaay too long! I just got new batteries for the
small cam and the big cam is, well, big. Anyway, popped in some fresh
ones for this shot, even though my new purse isn't in focus, it's
FINISHED! I did ok with it-- it was a very complicated bag-- an oval
for the bottom and a liner. I think it's pretty-- blue/grey on the
outside and a soft vine-y fabric on the inside. This is my living
room-- sewing machine set up in front of the TV. Good stuff.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amiee that is a great purse! I am not that talented or that crafty. If you keep makeing those you may have a side job on your hands :)
Have you experimented with putting a inside little zipper pocket?

Sally said...

That looks great, and very functional with an oval bottom, more surface area to lose your keys in and no corners! That machine looks like an oldie but it must be working well. I should talk, mine is ancient, and I love it!

nan & joe said...

Wow Aim, looks great! I am happy to see the sewing continue in the Rathbun family! Did you know that g-ma used to make us matching outfits when we were little? Pink gingham dresses, coats, she was pretty creative. I just can't seem to remember any "cute" handmade outfits for your dad though??? Good thing, I guess.

nan & joe said...

Oh, and by the way. . . . my new gmail/rathblog invitation has expired. Now I know why my blogs have not posted!!! Aimee, could you please send me an invite? Thanks!!!

Shawn said...

Very nice! Good job Aim! We're *finally* home again!!!