These dogs are such amazing athletes! I believe this is Brennan
Norden's team from Kasilof. He's a rookie this year. Happened to get
a good snap of his dogs. :-) The ceremonial start in Anchorage is a
crazy, urban ride with some VERY excited and strong dogs. They have a
sled, the musher, a handler and an "iditarider" for this portion
through town. I saw one team pulling a bail of hay too-- I think they
just want to keep them weighed down so they don't go too crazy!

2 comments:
Wow! Great action photos, Aimee. I enjoyed every one of them and have great respect for those dogs and their trainers, and also for the photographer.
Were you downtown at the start? In that book we read, the guy said that downtown was absolutely chaos and deafening with the excited barking dogs. How cool Aimee - you got some great shots of the teams! How close were you to the teams as they went by?
Post a Comment