New bike storage!!! It's the Delta Michelangeo rack... pretty cool. It's not attached to the wall at all which is awesome for renters. And now I can get at either bike and I don't have to worry about them getting in the way when I walk by.
It's a perfect solution to my current situation! As a civil engineer I can tell you that deflection did not control the design of this bike rack-- it sure flexes a lot. But my bikes are light and I'm sure it's strong enough. Once I'm satisfied with the location (I want the door to open all the way without hitting a bike) I will attach it to the wall with the supplied hardware, just in case (I live in an seismic zone!)
5 comments:
Aren't you good! Great idea!
It's a perfect solution to my current situation! As a civil engineer I can tell you that deflection did not control the design of this bike rack-- it sure flexes a lot. But my bikes are light and I'm sure it's strong enough. Once I'm satisfied with the location (I want the door to open all the way without hitting a bike) I will attach it to the wall with the supplied hardware, just in case (I live in an seismic zone!)
It's a double! Very clever.
Hey, nice rack Aimee!
Awesome post! Bikes, clever storage ideas, and structual talk!
Oh yeah, the seismic consideration! Aren't you smart!
Post a Comment