Thursday, May 21, 2009

new bike rack!


new bike rack!, originally uploaded by aimos325.

Just over a week ago I rode my bike to Fred Meyer's at lunchtime.
It's just across the seward highway from my office. I was annoyed
with the lack of a bike rack but I chained up to a handicap parking
sign instead. When I came back out, I twisted my ankle in some
cracked concrete, fell, scraped my knee and chipped the paint on the
bike. I was annoyed enough to march into the store (with the bike)
and tell them I was displeased with their lack of bike parking. A
week later and a fancy new rack bolted into the concrete! It made my
day-- I'm going to write them a letter!

6 comments:

Jen said...

It was obviously needed-look at all those bikes!

Aimee said...

Yeah! When I was talking to the manager (who told me they have a bike rack already, it's on the other side of the building) I said, "well obviously people aren't using it." and I pointed out at least 6 bikes chained to signs and cart returns.

JimR said...

That is a bike rack to be proud of!

Way to go Aimee!

You should write a letter to Fred and to the icebike guy and the league of Alaskan bike riders.

Look how many people have benefitted from the rack!!!

Shawn said...

Way to go Aim! Sounds like you handled it very constructively and looks like lots of bicyclists are enjoying it as well. You make a mum proud!

Sally said...

Now that was a great community service project. Never underestimate a well-timed, constructive criticism.

Unknown said...

GOOD JOB AIMEE! I BET ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAPPY YOU WENT IN AND TALKED TO THEM. LOOKS LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE RIDE THEIR BIKES THERE.