Mom and I worked so hard this weekend! 10 or 15 years ago, Mom asked
her brothers and sisters to make quilt blocks for their mom. She got
the blocks back but didn't know where to start... so after Christmas
I brought the blocks home with me and trimmed, fixed and added
borders. I also made all the 9-patch border blocks. So when Mom came
up we decided to tackle it! It went together easily, we found a
gorgeous backing fabric and machine quilted between the blocks and all
the 9 patch blocks. We sewed on the binding late last night so Mom
could take it home with her. I heard she finished the binding on the
plane! She's going to do the hand quilting in all the heart blocks
and then it's done!!! I think it turned out great! I can't wait for
Grandma to get it!!!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
grandma's quilt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, I've finished the binding and started quilting the heart blocks. I thought about your 10 cent thimble on the plane yesterday - wish I had one! The lady next to me on the plane was a quilter (from Fairbanks).
Superbe site, vos photos sont superbes et les descriptions intéressantes. :o)
Very nice blog, photos and descriptions. Thank you :)
GReat job and great photo!
Post a Comment