Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Aimee vs. Popcorn Ceiling


Aimee vs. Popcorn Ceiling, originally uploaded by aimos325.

Got about 12 sft of smooth-ish ceiling. Not gonna lie, I'm a little
discouraged (it's HARD) but not giving up!!! Put a little paint on
the walls too, test spots of "sassy green" and "viva gold". When the
guy handed them to me he said "ok, and here's the sassy... and the
viva." :-)

8 comments:

Sally said...

So where are you, first quarter? Popcorn 21, Aimee 3? You may have to go into overtime, but I predict an Aimee win.

Shawn said...

Oh, I like those color names! Good progress with the popcorn ceiling! I think any type of ceiling work is hard - if nothing else, it is awkward working above your head, arms up in the air all the time, climbing up and down the ladder.

Sally said...

Shawn and I are on the computer at the same place at the same minute. Hi Shawn, I miss you!

Unknown said...

That doesn't look like any fun at all!

So stupid question...Are you scraping/sanding it off or are you going over it? I am thinking scrapping...I know nothing of home improvement.

You Rock Aimee!!

JimR said...

Ughhhh. You will be victorious - just hang in there...

Would it help you to get a scrapper on a stick? I bet they make something like that - if you have a lot to do, it may be worth it...Just a thought.

Does the ceiling underneath look good?? (Once you get it all off?)

Good Job Aimee!

Aimee said...

pretty accurate score so far, Aunt Sally. It's not 1-0 since I got some of it down. The hard part is the horror stories about asbestos I keep hearing... not sure if I should keep going or just leave it. Maybe a fresh coat of white paint would freshen it up. ugh ugh ugh.

yeah I have a scraper on a stick. It also has a thing to attach a bag to limit the mess (though it's still very messy).

Yeah I got some of it down to bare drywall. haven't gotten enough down to get an idea of how the joints/etc look.

Shawn said...

Hi Sally! I miss you too!!!

Rachel said...

When you're all done, you should make it look like the ceiling in the picture below-- that would be just lovely!!