Sunday, November 15, 2009

new (to me) machine


new (to me) machine, originally uploaded by aimos325.

I didn't need a new machine... but I saw this at an estate sale and
had to bring it home. It's a Bernina 730 Record and it runs like a
dream. All the moving parts and the body are metal and seem to be in
great shape. It came with those green "accessory drawers" filled with
feet and spare needles. I know it was purchased in 1971 at a store on
Fireweed that I drive by every day, and the previous owner left notes
in the manual about sewing "tricot panties" among other things. I
also purchased one of her oil paintings and hung it above my sewing
area for inspiration. Now back to sewing... :-)

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Sweet machine! It looks like a quality item Aimee!

Shawn said...

Did it come with a case for transport? (I googled this model and saw that the one from the 60's has a case)

Sally said...

That is a beauty! It will look so nice in your sewing room. I really like the table and drawers. You are all set for some serious quilting.

JimR said...

one pair of tricot panties please!

Aimee said...

yep, came with a case. I might just decorate the sewing room around the machine! I love it so far!

dad: TMI! hahaha