Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My first quilt block!


My first quilt block!, originally uploaded by aimos325.

I posted this on Facebook too but I didn't want anyone to miss it. I'm so excited about it!!! We used "triangle paper" so you just sew some lines, cut on some other lines and voila! Triangles! I'm going to use spray starch ALL THE TIME from now on-- stiff fabric is so easy to sew together and cut straight! I'm also learning it pays to go slow and do a good job-- hard to get good corners if you're cutting corners!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is going to a really pretty quilt. How neat!

Shawn said...

I gotta show this to Grandma! She'll be so excited to see what you're doing! Good job Aim!

Aimee said...

yes! Show her! I think about her all the time when I'm sewing!

JimR said...

Very nice! I like the slow down thing! "Measure twice, cut once"