Mum and I have been discussing the closing of "no bad days". It's a very sad thing to be sure.
Was the pressure to sustain the "no bad days" promise realistic? I think the bar was set too high in this case. Are "bad days" such a bad thing? If you never had bad days, you would never know what a "not so bad" day is or even a "kinda good" day. Of course you'll alway know you had a "great" day or even a "good" day.
But we need bad days to adjust, redirect and focus on what we need to do.
I don't know if today will be a "bad" day, but it started out as a "bad" morning. When I went to the Tandem this AM we had another flat tire! This is the third flat in three weeks (grrrr). That for sure is a bad thing, but at least now I know we must have some underlying issue with the rim that is giving us flats. If I would have had "no bad days" coffeee before hand, and not had a flat tire - would we have discovered that we had a wheel problem we needed to address?
Maybe they should open up again under a new name: "Not so many bad days" - but that would be hard to fit on the lid...
I predict that it will reopen with a more realistic new name to make your father happy. Wouldn't it be great if something as simple as a handwritten greeting on a coffee cup lid could make everyone have a brighter day? As many in our family say, "Go out and make it a 'great day', everyone."
2 comments:
...dad philosophizes a bit...
Mum and I have been discussing the closing of "no bad days". It's a very sad thing to be sure.
Was the pressure to sustain the "no bad days" promise realistic? I think the bar was set too high in this case. Are "bad days" such a bad thing? If you never had bad days, you would never know what a "not so bad" day is or even a "kinda good" day. Of course you'll alway know you had a "great" day or even a "good" day.
But we need bad days to adjust, redirect and focus on what we need to do.
I don't know if today will be a "bad" day, but it started out as a "bad" morning. When I went to the Tandem this AM we had another flat tire! This is the third flat in three weeks (grrrr). That for sure is a bad thing, but at least now I know we must have some underlying issue with the rim that is giving us flats. If I would have had "no bad days" coffeee before hand, and not had a flat tire - would we have discovered that we had a wheel problem we needed to address?
Maybe they should open up again under a new name: "Not so many bad days" - but that would be hard to fit on the lid...
Have a "good" day everyone!
I predict that it will reopen with a more realistic new name to make your father happy. Wouldn't it be great if something as simple as a handwritten greeting on a coffee cup lid could make everyone have a brighter day? As many in our family say, "Go out and make it a 'great day', everyone."
Post a Comment