Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mindy Boo (1993-2008)


Mindy Boo (1993-2008), originally uploaded by aimos325.

Rest in Peace, Mindy Boo!

Today I got news that Mindy had passed away. Since my 10th birthday
he's been singing, barking, calling the dogs, making kissy sounds,
imitating the microwave and getting mixed up with the Andy Griffith
song! It's going to be quiet at the Rathbun household.

I took this picture in November. He didn't come out much in the last
few years. Here he was trying to check out the camera... he sure was
curious!

Here's a link to an old post and a good picture of Mindy

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Now how is Marais going to know when someone comes home? I always thought it was funny that we had a "watch bird", rather than a watch dog. We sure are going to miss Mindy's greeting each morning. He always greeted me with a wolf whistle and when we opened the back door he'd do a dog whistle just like Jim and say, "Here Bruce!" (He never learned Marais' name.) We'll watch an episode of Andy Griffith in his memory. What a fun birdy-bird!

JimR said...

She - er I mean He - was a special friend to me as I made lunches for our little nippers in the morning. She (dang it!) He would learn songs so quickly! It was fun to see him concentrate on me as I whistled things to her whoops - him.

One thing I never got straight was the gender thing - I hope he didn't mind!

Godspeed Mindy Boo!!

Sally said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mindy. Maybe he/she's up there whistling the Andy Griffith song to Mom and Dad. It was my favorite show to watch at night with Mom.

nan said...

We are so sad to hear about Mindy-boo. We loved to hear her/him whistle too. I just can't believe it. We will miss her/him. Susan is whistling now!!! Our condolences to the whole family. Susan says "I got a big kick out of mindy picking up on the Andy Mayberry Theme song." We wish we could be heard by all of you reading this. . .. who is probably no one. But if there is someone. .. let us know. Maybe we should have just sent a card.

nan said...

If you click on the sound card button you might be able to hear Sue and I whistle the Andy of Maybery Theme song in harmony, in honor of Mindy-boo.