Thursday, March 29, 2007

hmmm


hmmm, originally uploaded by aimos325.

I hope this shows up on everyone elses' computers... I saw this on

the way to work this morning. It was just after the sun came up and

there were some contrails in the east sky (this is looking west). My

first thought was that I was seeing a shadow of the clouds, as they

were between the sun and me. But it looks like it's getting smaller,

not wider... weird. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Shawn said...

As they're going toward the horizon, it makes sense that they're appearing smaller because things in the distance look smaller. But of course this is confusing because it is a different phenomena compared to what happens to the sun - that is due to the refraction of the sunlight, I believe. Since the contrails are in our atmosphere (and not beyond, like the sun), they wouldn't be affected like the sun is. What do you think - make sense or does it just sound like I'm just grasping for brilliance? I do spend a lot of time grasping for brilliance and usually don't get it!